Being overweight is a big problem in our society. We have no time for anything and we often take the wrong things when we eat. Being overweight is bad for your health, because your body has to do more in every way than what it is ‘designed’ for. Being overweight is also not good for your self-confidence. In terms of clothing selection, there is less available and people feel less attractive than lean people. Are you at the right weight, possibly after a diet, then here are 10 tips to prevent being overweight.
1. Take BreakfastStarting the day with breakfast is a must. Because of this and the nutrients in breakfast, you will immediately feel more energetic. Moreover, it ensures that you get less in the mood for unhealthy snacks during the rest of the day.
2. Watch out for calories and fat
Every pound goes through the mouth. Nowadays you can find useful devices everywhere on the internet that you can use to calculate how many calories you need per day. Then try to stick to it by paying attention to what you eat. Saturated fats are of course out of the question as far as possible. Don’t worry. There are a lot of tasty things without saturated fat.
3. Drink plenty of waterBy drinking a lot of water you will not lose weight, that is a fable. But drinking water gives you a full feeling. Our bodies sometimes make no difference between thirst and hunger. That means that your appetite will decrease and maybe even disappear by drinking something first.
4. Choose regularityEat three balanced meals every day. Never skip a meal, even if you are not hungry at a certain time. Skipping a meal usually makes you feel like eating something later in the day. And in that case there is a good chance that you will opt for a much unhealthier way to combat that hunger than a balanced meal.
5. Try to stay ahead of hunger
If you eat too little, you will experience extreme hunger at some point. Then there is the risk that you fall into extreme binge eating where you no longer pay attention to what is healthy and what is not. If you get hungry between meals, simply opt for a healthy snack.
Nor is it necessary to never eat anything unhealthy again for the rest of your life. If you also keep an eye on the rules for a healthy diet, you can also indulge in a snack with a lot of calories. That is a nice reward for your good behavior. In addition, it reduces the risk of binge eating because you long for certain snacks.
7. Avoid alcoholOf course, excessive use of alcohol is not recommended for various reasons. It also contains a good portion of calories if you go through the night. In addition, it is almost inevitable that your resistance to snacks that are so bad for your weight will disappear. You then have double regrets the next day.
8. Keep weighing yourself regularlyIt is wise to weigh yourself at least once a week. A kilo more than your normal weight is not really a problem. Everyone knows weight changes. However, if your weight has increased by 2.5 pounds or more, it is time to consider whether your lifestyle may have changed in the past period and is no longer really healthy.
9. Don’t give upOccasionally you will also have a hard time fighting extra pounds. Just think about the summer holidays or the Christmas holidays. But that should not be a reason to give up. Try to analyze where exactly it went wrong and learn from it for the future. If you can regain your healthy lifestyle, there is no reason why you should not be able to stay on your goal weight.